Reassurance and Information
Living with chronic illness can feel lonely for sufferers and their loved ones. Listed below are links to some appropriate support organisations.
- The Haemophilia Society
- Hep C Trust
- Hep C UK Forum
- Terrence Higgins Trust (For HIV support)
- British Liver Trust
- Roald Dhal's Children's Charity
Over a span of about thirty-five years, campaigners have fought tooth and nail to gain compensation for the pain, suffering, loss of life and financial losses experienced by the infected and their families. So far, their efforts have been meanly rewarded with a gradual introduction of some arbitrary financial assistance funds.
- The Skipton Fund - for all HCV victims
- The Caxton Foundation - discretionary payments for all HCV victims
- The MacFarlane Trust (MFT) - for HIV victims with haemophilia
- The Eileen Trust - for HIV victims without haemophilia
Whilst HIV victims were awarded ongoing payments in 1988, HCV victims were left with nothing until 2011 when just 20% were awarded ongoing payments similar to those received by the HIV group.